Well, I have finished the worst week that I can remember. It really has been quite a stressful year so I know I went into the last week with absolutely no resources to handle the stress.
When we got the call for Lane to head to TX to do some insurance adjusting after IKE it really was an answer to prayers. (Not to suggest I have been diligently seeking direction...I have used the excuse of being too tired and stressed although I have enough head knowledge to know that this is exactly the time I should be seeking more.) Our desire is that I would be able to end my various jobs to focus on my most important job title..."Mom". IKE seems to be just the boost we need to be able to afford to make business changes and put me out of the equation.
Unfortunately that comes at a cost. At least 3 months with Lane gone. 3 months the kids only see Daddy via webcam. 3 months when Mommy tries to hold down the fort.
And the first week is already a mess! 3 nights in a row with little to no sleep added up to a grumpy mommy and 2 sick kids. My extended family had a reunion this weekend. Thankfully the kids enjoyed playing with cousins on Saturday because DeLaney woke up throwing up this morning, and Lincoln has the opposite issue. DeLaney is also still itching from her allergic reaction to the detergent, but thankfully she is finally able to sleep some. Due to all this we didn't stay for any of the reunion today (Sunday). Needless to say I am VERY GLAD to be home. I truly hope the rest of the family had a better weekend than we did.
So now I am wondering what to change to prevent the rest of the fall from continuing in this downward spiral. An attitude adjustment is top of the list. It was glaringly obvious this weekend that I need to have a better attitude even when things are not overly great for me or my children...the world doesn't actually revolve around me, and not everyone naturally thinks of my kids sleep schedules (or lack of sleep). *My heart is obviously still struggling, so I will stop here or risk whining on and on...noone wants to read that.
Let's hope future posts show things improving in our household.
No comments:
Post a Comment